Returning Roving Edge Infrastructure Devices to Oracle
Describes the procedure for returning a Roving Edge Infrastructure device back to Oracle.
Return your Roving Edge Infrastructure devices to Oracle when you no longer need them, or because of a technical issue that requires sending it back for repair and replacement.
Contacting Oracle for Device Return
When you are ready to return your Roving Edge Infrastructure devices to Oracle, contact My Oracle Support to arrange the pickup and delivery. See Get help and contact Support.
Preparing Devices for Return
Before returning your Roving Edge Infrastructure devices to Oracle, delete all workloads and data on each device by performing the following tasks in order:
- Delete all data objects residing in the object storage buckets. See Deleting an Object.
- Delete all object storage buckets. Delete all the objects they contain before deleting the buckets themselves. See Deleting a Bucket.
- Delete all block volumes. See Deleting a Block Volume.
- Delete all users. Deleting a user resource also deletes any associated client credentials. See Deleting a User.
- Terminate all compute virtual machine (VM) instances and remove all VM images. See Terminating an Instance and Removing an Instance.
Ensure you have synced all your needed data to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure using Data Sync before deleting it from your devices. See Data Sync Tasks.
Successfully completing these tasks before returning the devices to Oracle complies with your terms and conditions.
Returning Non-Working Devices
Contact My Oracle Support (MOS) if your Roving Edge Infrastructure devices is not working because of damage or any other type of failure. MOS determines whether the device is repairable onsite. If onsite repair is not possible, you will receive a replacement device with instructions on how return or destroy the non-working device.
You might incur fees for the non-working device as described in your rate card documentation.