Configuring a Target Asset
Configure a target asset for migration.
- Open the navigation menu and click Migration & Disaster Recovery. Under Cloud Migrations, click Migrations.
- On the Migrations page, select the active migration project for which you want to configure a target asset.
- On the Migration project details page, in the Migration plans section, select the active migration plan that has the target assets.
- On the Migration plan details page, under Resources, click Target assets.
- In the Target Assets section, click the target asset you want to configure.
- On the Migration target asset details page, click Configure.
On the Bulk configure target asset page, provide the
- Select the compartment.
- Select a shape by following these steps:
- Under Shape, click Select preferred shape.
- Click Change shape.
- On the Browse all shapes page, to select a different shape, select a shape name and then click Select shape.
- Select one of the following capacity types:
- On-demand capacity: Places the target asset instance on a shared host using on-demand capacity.
- Preemptible capacity: Places the target asset instance on a shared host using preemptible capacity.
- Capacity reservation: Places the target asset instance on a shared host and have the count against a capacity reservation.
- Dedicated host: Places the target asset instance on a dedicated virtual machine host.
- Select the subnet.
- Specify the block volume performance. Select Custom if you want to modify the block volume performance.
Configure the network for the target asset instance, as required.
- If you select VCN in target compartment, you can specify the VCN to which the migrated VMs are connected.
- If you select Subnet in target compartment, you can specify the subnet to which the migrated VMs are connected.
- Click Configure.
Next, you can generate a Resource Manager stack.
To create a target asset and configure it, use the
oci cloud-migrations target-asset create --is-excluded-from-execution yes|no --migration-plan-id migration_plan_ID --type asset_type [OPTIONS]The required parameters for the
--is-excluded-from-execution: Specifies whether an asset can be migrated.
--migration-plan-id: Specifies the OCID of the migration plan.
--type: Specifies the type of the target asset. The accepted value is, INSTANCE.
To get all the commands for
oci cloud-migrations target-asset -h
To get help for the
oci cloud-migrations target-asset create -h
For a complete list of flags and variable options for CLI commands, see the Command Line Reference.
To configure a target asset, use the