Container Instance Metrics
You can monitor the health, capacity, and performance of your Oracle Cloud Infrastructure container instances by using metrics.
This topic describes the metrics emitted by the metric namespace
Available Metrics: oci_computecontainerinstance
The metrics listed in the following table are automatically available for each container instance that you create. You do not need to enable monitoring on the container instances to get these metrics.
You also can use the Monitoring service to create custom queries.
The following dimensions are available:
- The availability domain where the container instance resides.
- The friendly name of the container instance.
- The OCID of the container instance.
|Metric||Metric Display Name||Unit||Description||Dimensions|
||CPU Utilization||percent||The percent of the container instance's CPU resources which are in use.||
||Memory Utilization||percent||The percent of the container instance's memory resources which are in use.||
||CPU Used||vCPUs||The cumulative use of the container instance's CPU resources since it was created.||
||Memory Used||bytes||The amount of the container instance's memory resources which are in use.||
||Ephemeral Storage Used||bytes||The amount of the container instance's ephemeral storage which is in use.||
Viewing Default Metric Charts
To view default metric charts for a single container instance:
- In the Console, open the navigation menu and click Developer Services. Under Containers & Artifacts, click Container Instances.
- Click the container instance that you're interested in.
- Under Resources, click Metrics.
The Metrics page displays a default set of charts for the current container instance.
To view default metric charts for all container instances in a compartment:
- Open the navigation menu and click Observability & Management. Under Monitoring, click Service Metrics.
- Select a compartment.
For Metric namespace, select
The Service Metrics page dynamically updates the page to show charts for each metric that is emitted by the selected metric namespace.
Using the API
For information about using the API and signing requests, see REST APIs and Security Credentials. For information about SDKs, see Software Development Kits and Command Line Interface.
Use the following APIs for monitoring: