Adding an Approval Stage
Approval stage pauses the deployment for a specified duration for manual decision from the approver. Approvers are notified of deployments that are pending manual approval. The default timeout period for approval is one day after which the deployment fails. You can configure the manual approval stage to require more than one approval. Approvers can approve or reject deployments.
Each service in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) integrates with Identity and Access Management (IAM) for authentication and authorization. To grant users permission to approve a deployment, you must create a group, add users (approvers) to the group and define policies. For policy examples, see the Approval stage policies in Deployment Pipeline Policies.
- Open the navigation menu and click Developer Services. Under DevOps, click Projects.
- Select a project and a pipeline associated with that project.
- To add the Approval stage sequentially or in parallel, click the + icon and select Add stage.
- Select Control - Approval, and then click Next.
- Enter stage name and description. Adding a description is optional.
- Enter the number of approvers.
- To add the Approval stage to the pipeline, click Add.
To add an approval stage to the pipeline, run the
oci devops deploy-stage create-manual-approval-stage
Required parameters for the
To get all the commands for
oci devops deploy-stage -h
To get help for the
oci devops deploy-stage create-manual-approval-stage -h
To add an approval stage to the pipeline, use the
deployStageTypeattribute, specify the