Adding a Traffic Shift Stage
Traffic Shift stage routes the traffic between two sets of backend IPs. You can specify the IPs in each group and also configure the batch count and batch delay based on which the traffic is distributed.
A load balancer with pre-provisioned bandwidth.
A backend set with a health check policy. See Backend Set Management for more information.
Backend servers for your backend set. See Backend Server Management for more information.
One or more listeners . See Listener Management for more information.
Load balancer subnet security rules to allow the intended traffic. See Security Rules.
- Open the navigation menu and click Developer Services. Under DevOps, click Projects.
- Select a project and a pipeline associated with that project.
- To add the Traffic Shift stage sequentially or in parallel, click the + icon and select Add stage.
- Select Control - Traffic Shift, and then click Next.
- Enter stage name and description. Adding a description is optional.
Click Select load balancer.
- Select the load balancer region and compartment.
- Select a load balancer from the available list.
Select a listener from the available list.
After you select a listener, the IP addresses of the servers in the backend set are listed under two groups: group A and group B. You can select an IP address to be in one of the two groups.
To shift the traffic to one of the target groups, select the Traffic
The Traffic Shift stage shifts the traffic to the selected IP addresses in the target group.
Enter a Batch Count to define the total number of batches that are used to shift
For example, if the batch count is 5, then the traffic shift occurs in 5 batches.
- Enter a Batch Delay in seconds to define the delay between each batch.
(Optional) Enter Ramp Limit to specify the maximum traffic to be shifted.
For example, if the ramp limit is 50 and batch count is 5, then each batch shifts an additional 10% (50/5) of the traffic to the selected target group. The default ramp limit is 100 implying 100% traffic shift to the target group. The service adjusts the weight of the backend set to achieve the preferred traffic shift configuration.
- To add the Traffic Shift stage to the pipeline, click Add.
To add a traffic shift stage to the pipeline, run the
oci devops deploy-stage create-load-balancer-traffic-shift-stage
Required parameters for the
To get all the commands for
oci devops deploy-stage -h
To get help for the
oci devops deploy-stage create-load-balancer-traffic-shift-stage -h
To add a traffic shift stage to the pipeline, use the
deployStageTypeattribute, specify the