You can now use the files you have uploaded to create custom patches which can be applied to your environments.
Patch File Naming Format
To be deployed using the standard Oracle Enterprise Manager patching process, the patch file is generated using the following naming convention:
<numeric_value> is an automatically generated number,
<cust_short_name> is the short name for your organization in the
<ebs_version> is the Oracle E-Business Suite release number,
cmli indicates that this is a CEMLI patch, to differentiate it from
standard Oracle patches.
For example, this CEMLI patch name uses the standard format:
10000001418 is the automatically generated number,
Oracle is a short name for the organization,
11i is the Oracle E-Business Suite release number,
cmli indicates that this is a CEMLI patch.
Build Custom Patches
This section explains how to view the already built patches list, search for a patch, or build patches.
To build custom patches:
- In the dashboard, click the hamburger menu ( three horizontal lines) at the top-left corner.
- In the navigation pane, under CEMLI, click Patches.
All the already built patches are displayed.
- To refresh the list, click the refresh icon.
- To search for a patch, type a few letters of the search criteria in the search
text box, and press Enter.
You can search by entering a few letters of the description, patch file name, patch no. or upload details.
From the Available Files area, select the files that you want to use to build your patch.
Each record in the Available Files area shows the following information:
Archived: Specifies whether the file to be included in the patch is archived or not.
Name: Specifies the name of the file to be included in the patch.
Description: Provides a free-text description of the file to be included in the patch.
Product: Specifies the short name of the custom application the file is associated with.
Object Type: Specifies the supported Oracle E-Business Suite object type. For more information on the object types supported in Oracle Automated CEMLI Execution, see CEMLI File Object Types.
Parameters: If the selected file is an XML Publisher or other object type that requires additional parameters, this field shows the parameters indicated in the Enter File Parameters dialog box.
Version: Specifies the file version, in numeric form, as identified in the header. For example, 123.1.3.
Language: Specifies the language associated with the file to be included in the patch.
Uploaded By: Specifies the email address of the user who uploaded the file.
Uploaded On: Specifies the date when the file was uploaded.
- Click Build Patch.
- In the Build Patch page, enter the Patch Name and Description.
- To generate JAR file using adcgnjar utility, after creating the class file (12.2), select the Generate JAR check box.
- To view the archived files in the Available Files section, move the Display Archive slider to the right.
- To choose the files from the Available Files and move it to the Selected Files section or vice versa, select the files and click the forward or backward arrow.
- To change/add the sequence, under the Selected Files section, enter the number in the Sequence box.
- Click Submit.
When the patch build process is complete, a message showing the patch no. is displayed at the top-right corner of the page. The custom patch is copied automatically to the middle tiers hosting Oracle E-Business Suite environments.