Learn how the OCI users can work with self-service Bounce to shut down, start up, and bounce DB Tier and MidTiers and/or MidTier components (individual or combination of components).
To use bounce:
- In the dashboard, click the hamburger menu ( three horizontal lines) at the top-left corner.
- From the navigation pane, click Bounce.
- In the Bounce page, click Initiate Bounce.
- In the Initiate Bounce page, select the RFC Details.
- Select the Environment which needs to be bounced. This list is populated with all the environments associated with the support identifier (SI).
- For Operation, select any of the following:
- Start (This option is visible only when previous RFC operation is stopped)
- For Services, select any of the following:
- All (Apps and DB) - This will Bounce/Stop/Start all MT and DB services.
- All Apps - This will Bounce/Stop/Start all MT services.
- Apps Components - This will allow users to select individual components like Apache, OPMN etc.
The Bounce/Stop field is automatically filled in with data on the host and service that need to be restarted/stopped.
- For the Operation Stop, you must additionally select Blackout Duration. You must start the services before the Blackout duration by creating Start Services RFC.
- Click Customer Note to add an action plan or any other relevant information you want included in the RFC.
- Click Submit.
The Schedule Execution pop up opens.
- If you click Not Now, you will be returned to the listings in the Bounce page.
- If you click Yes, the Bounce will be scheduled for execution in 15 minutes.
- If you click Pick Future, you will be taken to the Details page.