Editing a Queue
Update a queue.
- Open the navigation menu and click Developer Services. Under Application Integration, click Queues.
- On the left side of the screen, click Queues.
- In the list of queues, click the name of the queue that you want to edit.
- On the queue's details page, click Configure queue.
- In the Configure queue panel, verify or change the queue settings:
- Visibility timeout: How long a message in the queue is invisible to other consumers after being delivered to one.
- Maximum retention period: How long a message remains in the queue before it's deleted by the service, if it isn't deleted by a consumer.Note
The queue's retention period can't be changed after creation.
- Channel capacity limit: The maximum amount of the queue's overall capacity that a single channel can use at any time. Specified as a percentage. The default value is 100, which means that a single channel can use the entirety of the queue's bandwidth. For more information, see Channels.
- Verify or change the dead letter queue settings:
- Maximum delivery attempts: The number of times a message is delivered before it's moved to the dead letter queue.
- (Optional) Add or change the queue's tags by clicking Show tagging options.
If you have permissions to create a resource, then you also have permissions to apply free-form tags to that resource. To apply a defined tag, you must have permissions to use the tag namespace. For more information about tagging, see Resource Tags. If you're not sure whether to apply tags, skip this option or ask your administrator. You can apply tags later.
- Click Save changes.
oci queue queue-admin queue updatecommand and required parameters to edit a queue:
oci queue queue-admin queue update --queue-id <queue_OCID>
For a complete list of flags and variable options for CLI commands, see