You can check the status of your DB systems using the following steps.
- Open the navigation menu. Select Oracle Database, then select Oracle Base Database.
- Choose your Compartment. A list of database systems is displayed.
- In the list of DB systems, find the system you're interested in and check its icon. The color of the icon and the text next to it indicates the status of the system.
- Provisioning: Yellow icon. Resources are being reserved for the DB system, the system is booting, and the initial database is being created. Provisioning can take several minutes. The system is not ready to use yet.
- Available: Green icon. The DB system was successfully provisioned. A few minutes after the system enters this state, you can SSH to it and begin using it.
- Terminating: Gray icon. The DB system is being deleted by the terminate action in the Console or API.
- Terminated: Gray icon. The DB system has been deleted and is no longer available.
- Failed: Red icon. An error condition prevented the provisioning or continued operation of the DB system.
To view the status of a database node, under Resources, click Nodes to see the list of nodes. In addition to the states listed for a DB system, a node's status can be one of the following:
- Starting: Yellow icon. The database node is being powered on by the start or reboot action in the Console or API.
- Stopping: Yellow icon. The database node is being powered off by the stop or reboot action in the Console or API.
- Stopped: Yellow icon. The database node was powered off by the stop action in the Console or API.
You can also check the status of database systems and database nodes by using the ListDbSystems or ListDbNodes API operations, which return the