If the disaster recovery topology contains any databases related to Oracle Base Database Service, Oracle Exadata Database Service on Dedicated Infrastructure, use the steps in this topic to prepare the databases for Disaster Recovery (DR).
- Configure a Data Guard association for the primary database.
- Ensure that the Data Guard peer (standby database) is in the standby region that you intend to use for disaster recovery.
- Create a vault in the primary and standby regions.
- Create a secret in each of the primary and standby vaults.
- Store the database admin password in the secrets created in the primary and standby regions.Note
This secret containing the database password is required when creating a disaster recovery configuration for the database.