You can now create and manage VMware enabled software-defined data centers (SDDCs) in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure by using Oracle's VMware Solution.
This solution offers full access to the features of a VMware SDDC, along with the following benefits:
- High availability: All VMware components are distributed across different fault domains within the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure region’s availability domains. vSAN converged storage technology replicates data across all of the ESXi hosts in the SDDC.
- Scalability: You can start with 3 ESXi hosts and scale up to 64 hosts in a single SDDC.
- Lift and shift: Migration of on-premises VMware workloads to a Oracle Cloud VMware Solution is seamless.
- Full integration: Because the SDDC resides in a virtual cloud network (VCN), it can be configured to communicate with other Oracle Cloud Infrastructure resources such as Compute instances, DB systems and Autonomous Databases, and so on.
- Manageability: The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console provides workflows to facilitate SDDC creation and networking configuration.
- Layer 2 networking: SDDCs are configured with VLANs, which support applications that need layer 2 networking to run in the public cloud.
For more information, see Oracle Cloud VMware Solution.