- Services: Container Engine for Kubernetes
- Release Date: Jan. 11, 2022
You can now customize the start-up script used by Container Engine for Kubernetes to configure an instance to be a worker node host. When an instance boots up for the first time, cloud-init runs the start-up script.
You can now add your own logic to the script, either before or after the default logic. For example, customizing the default start-up script enables you to:
- configure an SELinux policy on all worker node hosts for security and compliance purposes
- unassign an instance's ephemeral public IP on start-up, and reassign the instance a reserved public IP instead
- configure a corporate proxy
- configure custom yum proxies
- install mandated anti-virus software, and other security tools
For more information and example usecases for custom cloud-init scripts, see Using Custom Cloud-init Initialization Scripts.