- Services: Container Engine for Kubernetes
- Release Date: March 14, 2023
You can now create enhanced clusters with Container Engine for Kubernetes. Enhanced clusters enable you to:
- Simplify node management through the use of virtual nodes.
- Deploy and configure cluster add-ons in a more granular way.
- Strengthen cluster security through the use of workload identity.
- Provision more worker nodes per cluster.
- Rely on a financially-backed service level agreement (SLA) tied to Kubernetes API server uptime and availability.
You can continue to create basic clusters as before. Basic clusters support all the core functionality provided by Kubernetes and Container Engine for Kubernetes. You can also upgrade existing basic clusters to enhanced clusters.
For more information, see Working with Enhanced Clusters and Basic Clusters.