- Services: Storage Gateway
- Release Date: Sept. 24, 2018
Storage Gateway 1.1 is now available. Storage Gateway is a cloud storage gateway that lets you connect your on-premise applications with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. For more information, see Overview of Storage Gateway.
New in this release:
- Archive tier support: Storage Gateway now supports the Object Storage Archive tier as well as the existing Standard tier.
- Storage Gateway cloud sync utility: The cloud sync utility is a synchronization and replication utility that copies NAS files to and from Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage buckets.
- Scale improvements: The Storage Gateway best practice for number of file systems has increased to 10, and the number of files to 100 million.
- Performance improvements: The ingestion of a large number of files into the Storage Gateway and large file uploads to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage (Standard and Archive tier) are approximately 2X faster than with Storage Gateway 1.0.