- Services: Java Management
- Release Date: March 22, 2023
We're pleased to announce that the new advanced features that Java Management Service (JMS) introduced are now available on supported Windows and Linux platforms. The following capabilities are now also available on Windows:
- Scan for Java Libraries using Advanced Usage Tracking to identify and report potential vulnerabilities (CVE) associated with 3rd party Java libraries used by applications
- Assess the impact of Oracle JRE and JDK Cryptographic Roadmap changes on their applications using Crypto Event Analysis
- Scan for Java Servers using Advanced Usage Tracking to analyze the usage and deployment of Java services in the application servers
- Run JDK Flight Recorder to gather application insights
Refer to Advanced Features for more information about the above and also the Java Runtime Lifecycle Management (Install/Remove Java runtime) advanced features available in JMS. On Windows managed instances, advanced features other than Lifecycle Management will only work on Java applications, application servers, and other programs that are being run with administrator privileges.
See System Requirements for the operating systems currently supported by JMS.
For more information about Java Management, see the Java Management user documentation.