- Services: Application Performance Monitoring
- Release Date: Dec. 1, 2022
APM Java agent and tracer version 1.8 are now available with the following new features:
- Enterprise Java Bean (EJB) monitoring: The APM Java agent can now be used to monitor EJB versions 3.x and 4.x calls. Session Beans, Asynchronous EJB Invocations, Timer EJBs and EJB client calls are monitored.
- Helidon 3 support: The APM Java tracer can be used to monitor the latest Helidon version 3. For details, see Use APM Tracer in Helidon.
- Simplify configuration and agent update process: The custom probe configuration file (
DirectivesConfig.acml) is now read from the standard agent configuration directory (
oracle-apm-agent/config), eliminating the earlier requirement to add it as a parameter to the Java startup command line. For more information, see Configure a Custom Probe.