- Services: Cloud Advisor
- Release Date: Oct. 31, 2023
Cloud Advisor supports two new Object Storage recommendations: Enable Object Versioning and Enable Object Replication. These recommendations add High Availability features to those provided by the Improve Fault Tolerance high availability recommendation.
- Object versioning provides data protection against accidental or malicious object updating, overwriting, or deletion. Enabled at the bucket level, versioning directs Object Storage to automatically create an object version each time a new object is uploaded, an existing object is overwritten, or when an object is deleted. The Enable Object Versioning recommendation indicates that object versioning is not implemented for an Object Storage bucket in your tenancy.
- Object replication provides protection from regional outages, aids in disaster recovery efforts, and addresses data redundancy compliance requirements. Maintaining multiple copies of data in regional locations closer to user access can also reduce latency. The Enable Object Replication recommendation indicates that object replication is not implemented for an Object Storage bucket in your tenancy.
In addition to the new recommendations described above, Cloud Advisor added new policy enhancements to the Enable Object Lifecycle recommendation.
- When an object does not have Object Versioning enabled, Object Storage lets you create multiple lifecycle policy rules such as moving objects to infrequent access or deleting abandoned multipart uploads for cost savings.
- When an object has Object Versioning enabled, Object Storage lets you create lifecycle policy rules such as automatically archiving or deleting object versions, moving objects to infrequent access, or managing abandoned multipart uploads.