- Services: Container Engine for Kubernetes
- Release Date: March 15, 2023
You can now use Container Engine for Kubernetes to configure and manage cluster add-ons. Cluster add-ons are software tools that support and extend the functionality of Kubernetes clusters. Some cluster add-ons (such as CoreDNS) are essential for a cluster to operate correctly, whilst other cluster add-ons (such as the Kubernetes Dashboard) are optional.
You can now:
- Enable or disable specific add-ons.
- Select add-on versions.
- Opt into, and out, of automatic updates by Oracle.
- Manage add-on specific customizations using approved key/value pair configuration arguments.
Cluster add-on configuration and management is only available with enhanced clusters.
For more information, see Configuring Cluster Add-ons.