Listing Open Ports in a Host Scan
View details about the open ports that were detected on a specific Compute instance that was scanned.
Ports that are unintentionally left open might be a potential attack vector to your cloud resources,or enable hackers to exploit other vulnerabilities.
- Open the navigation menu and click Identity & Security. Under Scanning, click Scanning Reports.
- Select the compartment in which you created the target.
- Click the Hosts tab if not already selected.
Select dates in Scan start date and Scan end date.
By default, only the most recent scan reports are displayed. To view older reports, choose specific start and end dates.
Or, click Scan start date and click either Past 7 Days or Past 30 Days.
Click Reset at any time to set the risk level and date ranges back to the default values.
- Click the name of the host scan.
Click Open ports.
The first panel shows the number of open ports that were detected on each virtual network interface card (VNIC) in this Compute instance.
A VNIC (virtual network interface card) enables an instance to connect to a specific VCN (virtual cloud network) . To view details about a VNIC, hover your cursor over the chart.
- The second panel shows the specific port numbers that were detected in this Compute instance.
- (Optional) Select one or more VNIC(s) to show only those ports that were detected on the selected VNICs.