Selecting a Stream as the Notification Destination for an Alarm
Select the stream to send alarm notifications to.
- Open the navigation menu and click Observability & Management. Under Monitoring, click Alarm Definitions.
- Click the name of the alarm that you want to update.
- On the alarm details page, click Actions and then select Edit alarm.
In the Destination area under Define alarm notifications, provide the following values:
- Destination service: Select Streaming.
- Compartment: Select the compartment that contains the stream that you want. This compartment can be a different compartment than the one specified for the alarm and metric. By default, the first accessible compartment is selected.
- Stream: Select the stream that you want to use for alarm notifications.
Update any other values for the alarm, as needed.
For more information about the fields, see Creating a Basic Alarm.
- Click Save alarm.
Use the oci monitoring alarm update command and required parameters to update an alarm. Use the
--destinationsparameter to select a stream as the alarm's notifications destination.
oci monitoring alarm update --destinations <stream_OCID> [...]
For a complete list of parameters and values for CLI commands, see the Command Line Reference for Monitoring.
Run the UpdateAlarm operation to update an alarm. Use the
destinationsattribute to select a stream as the alarm's notifications destination.