Registering the Remote Agent Appliance
Register the remote agent appliance with a source environment.
- Log in to the vCenter vSphere Client of the external environment and click the appliance VM on the left pane.
- To identify the IP address of the remote agent appliance, launch the web console of the vSphere client by clicking the virtual machine on the right pane. Note down the IP address in the Summary.
- Open the navigation menu and click Migration & Disaster Recovery. Under Cloud Migrations, click Remote Connections.
- On the Source environments page, from the list of environments, select the environment name link for which you want to register the remote agent appliance.
- On the Source Environment Details page, click Register agent.
On the Register agent page, enter the following
- Under Agent details, the remote agent appliance's name is pre-populated.
- Enter the remote agent appliance's host name or IP address. For example, 10.100.101.10.
- Enter the remote agent appliance's port number. For example, 3000.
- (Optional) Add tags to organize your resource. To apply a defined tag, you must have permissions to use the tag namespace. For more information about tagging, see Resource Tags. If you are not sure whether to apply tags, skip this option (you can apply tags later) or ask your administrator.
- Click Register agent. You are redirected to the remote agent appliance in a new browser tab to continue the registration process.
- Enter the agent display name and click Register. You are redirected to your tenancy in the OCI Console with the agent registration confirmation page. Click Confirm to complete the registration process