Creating a Web Application Acceleration Policy
Create a web application acceleration policy to speed up traffic on your layer 7 HTTP load balancers by applying a combination of caching and compression.
The Web Application Acceleration cache automatically contains the newest cacheable content and is limited to 100 MB total by default. The cache size can be increased by opening a Service Request.
- Open the navigation menu, click Networking, and then click Web Application Acceleration. The Web Application Acceleration page appears.
- Select the Compartment from the list. All web application acceleration policies in that compartment are listed in tabular form.
- Click Create WAA policy. The Create WAA policy dialog box appears.
Complete the following:
Name: Enter the name for the web application acceleration.
Compartment: Select the compartment where you are creating the web application acceleration policy from the list.
Caching: Check to enable caching for the web application acceleration policy.
Compression: Check to enable compression for the web application acceleration policy.
- Create one or more acceleration: Select a load balancer from the list to create an acceleration. The web application acceleration policy you create is applied to the load balancer you select. Click Change compartment if you want to apply the policy to a load balancer in a different compartment. This task provides the same result as described in Creating an Acceleration.
- Click +Additional accelerator to display another row where you can select another load balancer to which the web application acceleration policy is applied. Click X to delete the associated row.
- Click Show tagging options. The Tagging options appear where you can apply tags to the resource. See Tagging a Web Application Acceleration Policy at Creation for more information about using tagging with a web application acceleration policy. See Tagging Overview for general information about tagging.
- Click Create WAA policy.
The Create WAA policy dialog box closes. The web application acceleration policy list appears, containing the web application acceleration policy you created.
Use the oci waa web-app-acceleration-policy create command and required parameters to create a web application acceleration policy:
oci waa web-app-acceleration-policy create --compartment-id compartment_ocid [OPTIONS]
For a complete list of flags and variable options for CLI commands, see the Command Line Reference.
Run the CreateWebAppAccelerationPolicy operation to create a web application acceleration policy.