To begin customizing your semantic model, create a branch of the main semantic model.
You can add customizations to a test instance only. After you have added and tested your customizations, you can promote them to the production environment. See Promote Your Customizations to the Production Environment.
- Sign in to your service.
- In Oracle Fusion Analytics Warehouse Console, click Semantic Model Extensions under Application Administration.
- On the Semantic Model Extensions page, click User Extensions. You see the main and existing customization branches.
- In the User Extensions region, for Customization Branches, click Create Branch to create a branch as an empty container.
- In Create a Branch, enter a name for your branch, for example, Add Cost Center.
- Optional: Add a description and click Done.You see the Add Step dialog. You can continue to add the steps or you can add steps to the new branch container later using the Add Step button. See Add a Step to a Branch. You see the new branch on the Semantic Model Extensions page under Customization Branches.