You can schedule frequent refreshes of the applicable functional areas, prioritized datasets, and warehouse tables to ensure that the incremental data in these is the latest.
If you've enabled the "Prioritized Data Refresh" preview feature and selected datasets for a prioritized incremental refresh, then those specific datasets are available for a frequent data refresh. See Prioritize Datasets for Incremental Refresh (Preview). If you've enabled the "Frequent Refresh Tables" preview feature and saved your selection of the warehouse tables, then the selected tables are available as "Warehouse Tables" for a frequent data refresh. See Schedule Frequent Refreshes of Warehouse Tables.
For Oracle Fusion Analytics Warehouse, you can schedule frequent refreshes for functional areas such as General Ledger and Order Management.
When you select the functional areas for a frequent refresh, you won’t be able to refresh the data pipeline for the applicable functional area using the Refresh Data option on the Data Configuration page. The frequent data refresh process doesn't refresh data from external sources through the data augmentation connectors. Oracle Fusion Analytics Warehouse processes the data augmentations as part of the incremental loads.
- During the last five days of the month or every quarter, general ledger data changes quickly with updated entries more than once a day. In this scenario, a financial analyst wants to ensure taking more recent and accurate data into the analysis and report generation. Since some of the data pipelines can take several hours to execute from end to end, the frequency of refresh needs to be every 4 hours or 6 times in a 24-hour period.
- In this scenario, a retailer that has strict guidelines for returns or refunds on any purchase orders, and needs to bring in the most recent order data for computation and report generation, especially in the beginning of a given fiscal quarter. To cover for time differences between Europe, East Coast, and West Coast of the U.S., a financial analyst needs to refresh data every 8 hours in 24 hours, or 3 times a day.
Ensure that Frequent Refresh is enabled in Pipeline Features under the Generally Available Features tab on the Enable Features page prior to scheduling frequent data refreshes. See Enable Generally Available Features.
- Sign in to your service.
- In Oracle Fusion Analytics Warehouse Console, click Data Configuration under Application Administration.
- On the Data Configuration page, under Configurations, click Pipeline Settings.
- On the Pipeline Settings page, click Frequent
- In the Frequent Refresh tab, in Frequency (in Hours), select the number of hours after which you want the data refresh to happen.
- Enter a start time.
- In Last refresh date, view the date when the data was last refreshed.
- Select the check boxes for the functional areas with the data you want refreshed at the specified interval.
- Click Save.