Use the Console to create a virtual cloud network (VCN) and DB system, and then use a compute instance, VPN connection, Bastion session, or network load balancer to connect to the DB system.
This task requires the following:
- A tenancy, which you are able to sign in.
- A compartment to store the resources. You can store everything in the root of the tenancy, but it is recommended to use the compartments.
- Policies to control the resources. See Creating Mandatory Policies.
Perform the following steps:
- Create a virtual cloud network (VCN) using the VCN Wizard. See Creating a Virtual Cloud Network.
- Add ingress rules to the VCN. See Adding Ingress Rules.
- Create a DB system and attach it to the newly created private subnet. See Creating a DB System.
- Connect to the DB system using a compute instance, VPN connection, Bastion session, or network load balancer. See Connecting to a DB System.