This topic provides information about the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Ansible collection.
Collections are Ansible's recommended method of packaging and releasing modules, roles, playbooks, and documentation. See Getting Started to begin using our Ansible collection.
OCI supports the use of Ansible modules to automate cloud infrastructure provisioning and configuration, orchestration of complex operational processes, and deployment and update of your software assets.
Ansible tracks your resources using inventory lists. The inventory can be a simple static .ini file or dynamically created, where a plugin assembles an up-to-date infrastructure inventory. For more information, see Working with Ansible Inventory.
Ansible playbooks automate configuration, deployment, and orchestration tasks. Ansible playbooks use a declarative language (YAML) that allows you to describe infrastructure configuration, deployment policy, and the orchestration of complex process steps. OCI provides a set of Example Playbooks for your review.
The OCI Ansible collection supports Ansible Tower, AWX, and Oracle Linux Automation Manager. For more information on how to set up the collection with Ansible Tower, refer to the Using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure with Ansible Tower and AWX blog post. To install the free version of Ansible Tower (AWX) on an OCI compute instance, you can use our solution on GitHub. To install Oracle Linux Automation Manager, refer to the Installing Oracle Linux Automation Manager on Oracle Linux 8 tutorial.
- Services supported: Refer to the list of currently supported services for details.
- Licensing: Copyright © 2020, Oracle and/or its affiliates. This software is made available to you under the terms of the GPL 3.0 license or the Apache 2.0 license. See LICENSE.txt for details.
- Documentation: Additional OCI Ansible collection documentation is available on docs.oracle.com, readthedocs.io, and GitHub.
- Download: To download our Ansible collection, follow the steps in Getting Started.
The OCI Ansible collection is pre-installed on the Oracle Linux Cloud Developer platform image. For more information, see Oracle Linux Cloud Developer.
To be notified when new versions of our Ansible collection are released, subscribe to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Ansible collection Atom feed.
Questions or Feedback
Ways to get in touch:
- GitHub: To file bugs and feature requests only.
- Stack Overflow: Use the oci-ansible and oracle-cloud-infrastructure tags in your post.
- Developer Tools section of the Oracle Cloud forums.