Sign In for the First Time
This topic describes how to sign in to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure supports the following browsers and versions:
- Google Chrome 80 or later
- Safari 12.1 or later
- Firefox 62 or later (Private Browsing mode is not supported)*
* Troubleshooting signing in with Firefox:
If you are having trouble signing in to the Console using the Firefox browser, it might be due to one of the following conditions:
You are in Private Browsing mode. The Console does not support Private Browsing mode. Open a new session of Firefox with Private Browsing turned off. If you require Private Browsing, you can set Firefox's
trueto allow the Console to save login-related information to local storage. For more information, see https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/about-config-editor-firefox.
You are not on the latest version of Firefox. Upgrade to the latest version. To check to see if you are on the latest version, follow these instructions: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/find-what-version-firefox-you-are-using
When checking the version, note whether you are using Firefox or Firefox ESR.
- Your Firefox user profile is corrupted. To fix this issue:
Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox.
- Create a new user profile and open Firefox with the new profile. See Mozilla Support for instructions on how to create a new user profile: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles
If none of the above resolves your issue, contact Oracle Support. In your problem description, make sure you specify whether you are using Firefox or Firefox ESR.
Signing In for the First Time
To sign in to Oracle Cloud at https://cloud.oracle.com, you need:
- Your cloud account name (also sometimes referred to as your tenancy name)
- User name and password
There are different ways to have an account created for you:
- Paid order activation. See Activate Your Order from Your Welcome Email for more information.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Free Tier sign-up.
- An administrator from an existing Oracle cloud account can create a new user.
When you're logged in to the Console for one of the commercial realm regions, the browser times out after 60 minutes of inactivity, and you need to sign in again to use the Console.
Get to know the Console. See Get to Know the Console.
Follow guided tutorials to launch your first instance, add users, or put data into object storage.
Begin setting up your tenancy for other users. See Learn Best Practices for Setting Up Your Tenancy.