Viewing a Custom Metric Chart
Define your own query for a custom metric chart on the Metrics Explorer page in the Console.
The following pages describe tasks you can perform with the metric chart on the Metrics Explorer page.
- Creating a Basic Query
- Changing the Time Range for a Custom Metric Chart
- Switching Table and Graph Views for a Custom Metric Chart
- Customizing Y-Axis Labels in a Custom Metric Chart
- Viewing Queries for a Custom Metric Chart
- Adding and Deleting Queries in a Custom Metric Chart
- Editing a Query in a Custom Metric Chart
- Hiding and Showing Queries in a Custom Metric Chart
- Creating an Alarm from a Custom Metric Chart
For query troubleshooting, see Troubleshooting Queries.
Example Metric Chart
The following image shows several metric streams in the graph view of a metric chart. Each metric stream corresponds to a compute instance.
The 85% value at 1:30 indicates that a compute instance used 85% of its CPU (averaged over the specified interval). Absent values are indicated for a metric stream toward the bottom of the graph, indicating that a compute instance didn't emit metric data until 1:30.
Very small or large values are indicated by International System of Units (SI units), such as M for mega (10 to the sixth power). Units correspond to the selected metric and don’t change by statistic .
For more information about this example, see Example Query and Metric Chart.