Using Application Dependency Management with the OCI DevOps Service
This section describes the steps to set up Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for Application Dependency Management.
Before you begin, review the prerequisites and the overview of the steps.
- Sign in to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Create a user group for your users.
- Create a new Knowledge Base.
- Create policies for your user group to access and manage knowledge bases in the compartment you created.
Sign in to the Oracle Cloud Console as an administrator using the credentials provided by Oracle.
- Create a user group.
- In the Oracle Cloud Console, open the navigation menu and click Identity & Security. Under Identity, click Groups.
- Click Create Group.
- In the Create Group dialog box, enter a name for the group (for example,
ADM_MANAGERS), and a description.
- Click Create.
Create a knowledge base to contain the results of ADM. (See Creating a Knowledge Base.)
You can use the same compartment as the one you use for your DevOps project.
Create policies for the user group to access and manage knowledge bases.A policy allows members of a user group to access and manage OCI resources.
- In the Oracle Cloud Console, open the navigation menu and click Identity & Security. Under Identity, click Policies.
- Click Create Policy.
- In the Create Policy dialog box, enter a name for the policy (for example,
ADM_Policy), and a description.
- Select the root compartment for your tenancy from the drop-down list.
- Click Show manual editor.
In the text box, enter the following statement:
Allow group ADM_MANAGERS to manage adm-knowledge-bases-family in compartment <KB_Compartment>
<KB_Compartment>is the name of the compartment that contains the knowledge base that you created in step 3.
- Click Create.