If you have existing Exadata DB systems in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, you can switch them to the new resource model and APIs.
No new systems can be provisioned with the old DB system resource model/APIs after May 15th, 2021. Support for the old DB system resource model/APIs on existing systems will end on November 15th, 2021. Oracle recommends that you migrate your Exadata Cloud Infrastructure instances to the new resource model APIs as soon as possible.
What to Expect After Switching
- Your new cloud Exadata infrastructure resource and cloud VM cluster are created in the same compartment as the DB system they replace.
- Your new cloud Exadata infrastructure resource and cloud VM cluster use the same networking configuration as the DB system they replace.
- After the switch, you cannot perform operations on the old Exadata DB system resource.
- Switching is permanent, and the change cannot be undone
- X6, X7, X8 and Exadata base systems retain their fixed shapes after the switch, and cannot be expanded.
Switch an Exadata DB system to the new Exadata resource model
Use the console to perform the switch to the new resource model.
- Open the navigation menu. Under Oracle Database, click Oracle Exadata Database Service on Dedicated Infrastructure.
- Choose your Compartment.
- In the list of DB systems, find the Exadata DB system you want to switch to the new resource model, and click its highlighted name to view the system details.
- Click More Actions, then Switch to New API.
- In the displayed confirmation page, read the What to expect after switching section. When you are ready to switch to the new resource model and APIs, click Start.Note
Switching an Exadata DB system to the new resource model and APIs cannot be reversed. If you have automation for your system that utilizes the DB system APIs, you may need to update your applications prior to switching.