A collection of tasks and procedures for managing Exadata Database Service on Dedicated Infrastructure.
Interim Software Updates
For authorized environments, learn how to download interim software updates.
This feature enables cloud-only customers to download one-off patches from the OCI console and API. There is no option to apply the downloaded patch via console and API. To apply these patches, customers must log in to their VM and run the patch apply utility.
To be able to download interim software update, you should at least have an ExaDB-D infrastructure provisioned.
Downloading one-off patches does not replace Database Software Image (DSI) creation. Customers must continue to use Database Software Images (DSI) to build and deploy their customized images.
Create an Interim Software Update
- Open the navigation menu. Click Oracle Database, then click Exadata on Oracle Public Cloud.
- Under Resources, click Interim software
updates.Interim software update page is displayed.
- Click Create interim software update.Create interim software update panel is displayed.
- Enter the following details in the panel:
- Name: Descriptive name for the patch download path.
- Compartment: Select a compartment where you want to create the patch resource.
- Database version: Choose the Database version for your image.
- Release Update: Choose any supported Oracle Database release update (RU).
- Interim software update number: Optionally, enter an interim patch number.
- Tag: Apply a tag.
- Click Create.
Download an Interim Software Update
The patch download path is valid for four days. Download the patch within the specified timeframe.
- On the Update details page, click
Download.The system starts downloading the patch.
- You can also download a patch from the Interim Software
- Click the Actions button (three dots) for the patch you're interested in, and select Download.
You can only download the patches that are in Available state.Interim Software Updates Lifecycle States:
- Available: Patch has been created successfully and the time-to-live (TTL) has not expired.
- Creating: The patch creation process is in progress.
- Expired: The lifetime of the patch download link has expired, which means you cannot download it.
- Failed: The patch create failed due to some error.
- Terminating: The patch deletion process is in progress.
- Terminated: The patch has been deleted.
Delete an Interim Software Update
Be discrete in deleting interim software updates. However, you can delete the interim software updates that have expired to free up space in the Object Store.
- On the Update details page, click Delete.
- In the resulting dialog, enter the name of the patch to confirm and then click Delete.
- You can also delete a patch from the Interim Software
- Click the Actions button (three dots) for the patch you're interested in, and select Delete.
Move an Interim Software Update Resource to Another Compartment
- On the Update details page, click Move Resource.
- In the resulting dialog, choose a new compartment, and click Move Resource.
- You can also move a patch resource from the Interim
Software Updates page.
- Click the Actions button (three dots) for the patch you're interested in, and select Move Resource.
Using the API to Manage Interim Software Updates
ExaDB-C@C and ExaDB-D use the same API to manage interim software updates.
For information about using the API and signing requests, see REST APIs and Security Credentials. For information about SDKs, see Software Development Kits and Command Line Interface.