Downgrading an SDDC's HCX License
Learn how to downgrade the SDDC's HCX license from Enterprise to Advanced.
- SDDCs that use standard shapes already include the Enterprise license at no cost. Downgrade to Advanced license is not supported for standard shape SDDCs.
- You must specify 3 license keys to retain after the downgrade. The downgrade request remains in a pending state until the HCX Monthly Billing Cycle End Date. You can cancel the downgrade request as long as it is still in a
pendingstate, See Canceling an HCX License Downgrade.
For more information, see HCX License Types.
- Open the navigation menu, click Hybrid, and then click VMware Solution.
- Click the name of the SDDC you want to downgrade. If you don’t see the SDDC listed, ensure that the correct compartment is selected.
- Click the Change link to the right of HCX license type.
- Select I consent to downgrade to the Advanced license(No Additional Cost)
- Select 3 license keys to remain active after Enterprise features end.
Click Save changes.
The downgrade request remains in a
PENDINGstate until the HCX Monthly Billing Cycle End Date. A notification appears on the SDDC Details page that shows the date that Enterprise features end. To cancel the pending downgrade, click Cancel downgrade to the right of the notification.
- Use the sddc downgrade-hcx command and required parameters to downgrade the SDDC's HCX license:
oci ocvs sddc downgrade-hcx [OPTIONS]
Specify the HCX on-premise license keys to be reserved when downgrading from HCX Enterprise to HCX Advanced. This is a complex type whose value must be valid JSON. The value can be provided as a string on the command line or passed in as a file using the
--generate-param-json-inputoption can be used to generate an example of the JSON which must be provided. We recommend storing this example in a file, modifying it as needed and then passing it back in via the
file://syntax. For example:
oci ocvs sddc downgrade-hcx --reserving-hcx-on-premise-license-keys file://reserving-hcx-on-premise-license-keys.json --sddc-id sddc_OCID
For a complete list of flags and variable options for CLI commands, see the CLI Command Reference.
Run the DowngradeHcx operation to downgrade the HCX license from Enterprise (Billed Upgrade) to Advanced (No Additional Cost).