Creating a Functions Environment
Create a reference to a Functions environment.
Before you begin, you must create a function.
- Open the navigation menu and click Developer Services. Under DevOps, click Projects.
- On the DevOps Projects page, select an existing project, or create a DevOps project.
- On the details page of the project, from the left side, click Environments.
- On the Environments page, click Create environment.
In the Basic information section, provide the following details and click Next:
- Select Functions as the environment type.
- Enter a name for the environment.
- (Optional) Add a description for the environment.
- (Optional) To add tags to the environment, click Show tagging options. Tagging is a metadata system that lets you organize and track the resources in your tenancy.
If you have permissions to create a resource, you also have permissions to add free-form tags to that resource.
To add a defined tag, you must have permissions to use the tag namespace.
For more information, see Resource Tags.
- In the Environment details section, select the region where the functions resource is located.
- Select the compartment in which the functions application is located.
- Select the application and function to be referenced for deployment.
- Click Create environment.
A reference to the Functions environment is created. You can create a deployment pipeline to deploy artifacts to Oracle Functions.
To create a reference to Functions environment, run the
oci devops deploy-environment create-function-environment
Required parameters for the
To get all the commands for
oci devops deploy-environment -h
To get help for the
oci devops deploy-environment create-function-environment -h
To create a reference to Functions environment, use the
CreateDeployEnvironmentoperation. For the
deployEnvironmentTypeattribute, specify the