Creating a Pipeline
Create a pipeline to deploy artifacts.
Each service in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) integrates with Identity and Access Management (IAM) for authentication and authorization. To grant users permission to access the DevOps build pipelines and other resources, you have to create dynamic groups and IAM policies.
Before you create the pipeline, you must have a DevOps project.
- Open the navigation menu and click Developer Services. Under DevOps, click Projects.
- Select a project, and click Create pipeline.
- Enter a name and description for the pipeline. Adding a description is optional.
- For Pipeline type, select Create a deployment pipeline.
- (Optional) To add tags to the pipeline, click Show tagging options. Tagging is a
metadata system that lets you organize and track the resources in your tenancy.
If you have permissions to create a resource, you also have permissions to add free-form tags to it.
To add a defined tag, you must have permissions to use the tag namespace.
For more information, see Resource Tags.
- Click Create pipeline.
You can add the following stages to the pipeline:
- Deploy to a Kubernetes cluster: Uses the built-in Kubernetes rolling update strategy.
- Deploy to an instance group: Release update incrementally to the instance group. You can specify the maximum instances that can be offline at one time. This type supports automatic rollbacks.
- Deploy based on Blue-Green strategy: Uses blue-green release strategy for Container Engine for Kubernetes (OKE) and instance group deployment.
- Deploy based on Canary strategy: Uses canary release strategy for OKE and instance group deployment.
- Deploy to Functions: Uses the built-in Functions update strategy.
- Deploying a Helm Chart: Install Helm charts in OKE cluster.
To create a deployment pipeline, run the
oci devops deploy-pipeline create --project-id
To get all the commands for
oci devops deploy-pipeline -h
To create a deployment pipeline, use the