Bulk Importing Network Firewall Policy Components
Use a JSON file to bulk import network firewall policy components such as address lists, URL lists, services and service lists, applications and application lists, decryption rules and profiles, mapped secrets, and security rules in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Resources that are included in a JSON file for upload must already exist in the policy before being referenced in another resource. For example, before you can upload an application list, you must first upload all the applications that you want to use in the list.
- The maximum file size that you can upload is 5 MB.
- Download the JSON template that you want to use and save it to your computer.
- Edit the template to include the component objects that you want to import.
Save the template as a
.jsonfile. You can give the file a name that identifies the type of component that it contains.
- Select the compartment that contains the policy that you want to upload component resources to.
- Click the name of the policy.
- Under Policy resources, click the resource type you want to upload. For example, click Applications.
- Click the Import button for the resource type. For example, click Import applications.
- In the Import dialog, drag the JSON file to the box or browse to the file by clicking the select one link.
Click the Import button. For example, click Import applications.
The policy is updated to include the imported component resource.
- Use one of the following commands and required parameters to bulk upload a policy component:
- network-firewall application bulk-upload
- network-firewall application-group bulk-upload
- network-firewall service bulk-upload
- network-firewall service-list bulk-upload
- network-firewall url-list bulk-upload
- network-firewall address-list bulk-upload
- network-firewall mapped-secret bulk-upload
- network-firewall decryption-profile bulk-upload
- network-firewall decryption-rule bulk-upload
- network-firewall security-rule bulk-upload
oci network-firewall address-list bulk-upload --network-firewall-policy-id network firewall policy OCID --bulk-upload-url-lists-details file://path/to/.json_file ...[OPTIONS]
For a complete list of parameters and values for CLI commands, see
- Run one of the following operations to bulk upload a policy component: