Creating an Application List
Create a list of applications you can use to build rules in a Network Firewall policy.
Create application lists to allow or deny traffic to a group of applications. You can have a maximum of 2,500 application lists in a policy. Each application list can contain a maximum of 200 applications. See Creating Network Firewall Policy Components for more information.
You can create application lists one at a time using the following instructions, or you can import many at once using a
.json file. See Bulk Importing Network Firewall Policy Components more information.
- Click on a policy in the list.
- In Policy resources, click on Application lists.
- Click Create application list.
- Enter a friendly name for the application list. Avoid entering confidential information.
- (Optional) If you haven't created any applications to use in the list, click Create application. Follow the instructions in Creating an Application to create some applications to use in the list. The applications you create are added to the policy and automatically selected in the application list.
- In the Available applications list, select the applications you want to include in the application list. Click Add to selected.
- (Optional) In the Selected applications list, select any applications you want to remove from the application list. Click Remove from selected.
- When you've included all the desired applications in the Selected applications list, click Create application list.
Use the network-firewall application-group create command and required parameters to create an application list:
oci network-firewall application-group create --network-firewall-policy-id network firewall policy OCID --compartment-id compartment OCID --total-apps integer--apps '["application_1", "application_2"]'[OPTIONS]
For a complete list of parameters and values for CLI commands, see
Run the CreateApplicationGroup operation to create an application list.