Creating a Migration Project with Initial Migration Plan
Create a migration project including an initial migration plan and inventory assets.
Before you choose the migration wizard option, ensure that inventory is populated with assets from the source environment. The wizard enables you to perform the following tasks:
- Create a migration project.
- Configure a replication schedule for the migration project.
- Create migration assets in the migration project.
- Create a migration plan.
- Open the navigation menu and click Migration & Disaster Recovery. Under Cloud Migrations, click Migrations.
- On the Migrations page, click Create migration project.
- In the Create migration dialog box, select Create a migration project with initial migration plan, and then click Create migration project. On the Create migration project window, the left navigation pane displays each step to follow to create the project.
For the Basic info step, provide the following details and click Next:
- For migration information, enter a display name and select a compartment.
- Select the replication schedule. You can opt to have no replication schedule, select an existing schedule, or create a new schedule. For more information, see create a replication schedule.
- (Optional) Add tags to organize your resource. To apply a defined tag, you must have permissions to use the tag namespace. For more information about tagging, see Resource Tags. If you are not sure whether to apply tags, skip this option (you can apply tags later) or ask your administrator.
- For the Assets step, create migration assets and click Next. You can add assets from the OCM inventory. For more information, see create migration assets.
For the Replication location step, in the
Default replication location box, select the volume
availability domain, replication compartment, and replication bucket, and then
To modify an existing replication location, select the asset and click Edit replication location. To reset, click Reset to default.
- Click Next.
- For the Initial migration plan step, provide the required details and click Next. For more information about creating a migration plan, see Creating a Migration Plan
- In the Review and create step, review the information and click Submit.
Now you can configure migration asset replication schedule for the migration project, if required.
To create a migration project, use the
oci cloud-migrations migration create --compartment-id target_compartment_ID --display-name migration_name [OPTIONS]The required parameters for the
--compartment-id: Specifies the OCID of the compartment name.
--display-name: Specifies the name of the migration project.
To get all the commands for
oci cloud-migrations migration -h
To get help for the
oci cloud-migrations migration create -h
For a complete list of flags and variable options for CLI commands, see the Command Line Reference.
To create a migration project, use the CreateMigration operation.