Adding a Trigger Deployment Stage
Add a Trigger Deployment stage in the build pipeline.
Before you add the Trigger Deployment stage, you must have a build pipeline and a deployment pipeline associated with your DevOps project. The Trigger Deployment stage can't be added as the first stage to a build pipeline. The pipeline must have at least one Managed Build stage first.
- Open the navigation menu and click Developer Services. Under DevOps, click Projects.
- Select a project and a build pipeline.
- Click the + icon located after the Managed Build stage.
- To add the stage sequentially, select Add stage, or select Add parallel stage.
- For the stage type, select Trigger Deployment, and then click Next.
- Enter a name and description for the stage. Adding a description is optional.
- Click Select Deployment Pipeline, select a deployment pipeline associated
with your DevOps project, and then save.
The Send Build Pipelines Parameters check box is selected by default.
You can modify the parameters before running the build. See Configuring Parameters.
- (Optional) To add tags to the stage, click Show tagging options. Tagging
is a metadata system that lets you organize and track the resources in your
If you have permissions to create a resource, you also have permissions to add free-form tags to it.
To add a defined tag, you must have permissions to use the tag namespace.
For more information, see Resource Tags.
- To add the stage to the pipeline, click Add.
A stage preview provides a snapshot of the configuration.
To create a build pipeline, run the
oci devops build-pipeline create --project-id
To add a Trigger Deployment stage for the pipeline, run the
oci devops build-pipeline-stage create-trigger-deployment-stage
To get all the commands for
oci devops build-pipeline -h
oci devops build-pipeline-stage -h
To get help for the
oci devops build-pipeline-stage create-trigger-deployment-stage -h